Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Home Affairs Department
Eastern District Office
$21,930 per month
(1) A Hong Kong bachelor's degree or equivalent;
(2) Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent [see Note];
(3) Good command of written and spoken Chinese and English;
(4) Good computer knowledge including MS Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing; and
(5) Preference may be given to candidates who have experience in public relations, liaison or adminstrative work.
'Grade C' in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To assist in the organisation of district celebration events;
(2) To coordinate logistics for the smooth running of meetings and prepare related documents;
(3) To liaise with government departments, non-governmental organisations and local organisations for implementing celebration events;
(4) To assist in preparing funding proposals and carrying out duties relating to the events;
(5) To perform general administration and management work such as resource management and records management, project planning, collection and analysis of statistical information, compilation of reports; and
(6) To undertake any other duties as required.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidate will be appointed on Non-civil service contract terms till 31 March 2020;
(2) Candidates appointed are required to work in the Eastern District Office of Home Affairs Department; and
(3) May be required to work outdoor and outside normal office hours, including Sundays and Public Holidays.
(1) Rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance;
(2) A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address below.
How to apply:
(1) Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev.3/2013)] are obtainable from Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of Districts Offices, Home Affairs Department or Job Centres of Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://csb.gov.hk).
(2) Completed application form together with copies of academic qualifications should reach the address below by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hongkong Post. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 6 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the Post of Executive Assistant”. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
(3) Applicants who are not invited for interview within 2 months from the closing date may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Room 1127, 11/F, Eastern Law Courts Building, 29 Tai On Street, Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong
Web Site of Department:
Application via Internet: