Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Radio Television Hong Kong
Assistant Programme Officer in Media Management
Master Pay Scale Point 14 (HK$28,725 per month) to Master Pay Scale Point 27 (HK$53,195 per month)
Candidates should have
(a) (i) a Hong Kong Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent; or
(ii) an accredited associate degree or an accredited higher diploma in a relevant or related discipline (Journalism & Communication, Creative Media, Media Studies) from a Hong Kong tertiary institution, or equivalent; and 2 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, media management, public relations, marketing; or
(iii) an accredited diploma in a relevant or related discipline (Journalism & Communication, Creative Media, Media Studies) from a Hong Kong tertiary institution, or equivalent; and 4 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, media management, public relations, marketing; or
(iv) Level 3 or equivalent [See Note (1)] or above in 5 subjects in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) (which may include Chinese Language and English Language), or equivalent; or Grade E or above in 2 subjects at Advanced Level in the Hong Kong Advanced Level Examination (HKALE) and Level 3/Grade C or above in 3 other subjects in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) (which may include Chinese Language and English Language), or equivalent; and 5 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, media management, public relations, marketing; or
(v) Level 2 or equivalent [See Note (1)] or above in 5 subjects including Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE, or equivalent; or Level 2/Grade E or above in 5 subjects including Chinese Language and English Language in HKCEE, or equivalent; and 6 years’ relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, media management, public relations, marketing; and
(b) met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent.
(1) For civil service appointment purpose, “Attained with Distinction” (or “Attained with Distinction (I)” from 2018 HKDSEE onwards) in Applied Learning subjects / “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning (Chinese) (for non-Chinese speaking students) subject (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and “Grade C” in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to “Level 3” in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (including Applied Learning (Chinese) (for non-Chinese speaking students) subject) (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and “Grade E” in Other Language subjects in HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to “Level 2” in the New Senior Secondary subjects in HKDSEE.
(2) For civil service appointment purpose, “Grade C” and “Grade E” in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to “Level 3” and “Level 2” respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(3) For the purpose of heightening public awareness of the Basic Law (BL) and promoting a culture of learning of the BL in the community, applicants for civil service jobs will be assessed on their BL knowledge. The BL test result will constitute an appropriate weighting in a candidate’s overall assessment.
(4) Candidates expecting to obtain the required academic qualifications within three months from the closing date for application may apply. Consideration for appointment will be subject to their successfully obtaining the required academic qualifications.
(5) Candidates may be required to pass trade test/written test(s) for consideration of his/her suitability for appointment.
(6) Candidates have to provide documentary proofs of their qualifications and relevant experience before or after the recruitment interview.
(7) Candidates who have taken and completed a relevant subject related to Journalism & Communication, Creative Media, Media Studies from a local university or tertiary institution, or equivalent, are advised to indicate clearly the subject taken under Section A (II) – “Education” of the (G.F. 340 [(Rev.3/2013)]). Candidates are also advised to indicate clearly their highest attainment for Chinese Language and English Language in HKALE/HKCEE/HKDSEE (or equivalent), under Section A(I) and (III).
(8) Candidates who have acquired relevant experience relating to TV, radio or new media programme production, media management, public relations, marketing are advised to indicate clearly the business nature of the organisation and the candidates’ nature of work under “Employment Record” of the (G.F. 340 [(Rev.3/2013)]).
Assistant Programme Officer in Media Management is mainly deployed on (a) assisting in processing requests for resources and coordinating matters relating to corporate affairs, programme production, media operation and new media, including procurement management, human resources management, building management, office renovation and maintenance; (b) assisting in contract management, content policy, programme licensing, broadcasting standards, copyright issues; (c) assisting in corporate / programme publicity and marketing events, including public relations and complaint handling.
(Note: May be required to work irregular hours and shifts; and to work during typhoons, Black Rainstorm Signal and other emergencies.)
Terms of Appointment:
A successful candidate will normally be appointed on three years’ civil service agreement terms. A gratuity may be granted upon satisfactory completion of the agreement with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The amount of gratuity payable will be the sum which, when added to the Government’s contribution to the Mandatory Provident Fund Scheme, equals 15% of the total basic substantive salary drawn during the agreement period. Upon completion of the three years’ civil service agreement terms, the officer may be appointed on the prevailing permanent terms.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirements irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Civil service vacancies are posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates selected for these vacancies will be appointed on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service and will become civil servants on appointment.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) The information on the maximum pay point is for reference only and may be subject to changes.
(f) Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical and dental benefits, and where appropriate, assistance in housing.
(g) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend trade test/written test/selection interview.
(h) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend trade test/written test/selection interview without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau’s website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(i) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should provide copies of their official transcripts and certificates.
(j) Towards the application deadline, our on-line system will likely be overloaded due to large volume of applications. To ensure timely completion of your on-line application, it is advisable to submit the application as early as possible.
How to apply:
Application must be made on the prescribed application form (G.F. 340 [(Rev.3/2013)]), which is obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk) or RTHK’s website (http://rthk.hk/recruit).
Applicants should submit their application on or before the closing date of application through either one of the following means: (a) submit the application form in person or by post to the contact address stated in this advertisement [The post mark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the post of Assistant Programme Officer in Media Management”]; or (b) apply online through the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk). To avoid delayed or unsuccessful delivery of applications by post, please ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage has been affixed before posting. Mail items bearing insufficient postage will not be delivered to this Department and will be returned to the sender or disposed of by the Hongkong Post, where appropriate. Applicants will bear any consequences arising from paying insufficient postage.
For qualifications awarded by local institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority, copies of the relevant transcripts/diplomas/certificates/other qualification documents are not required to be submitted at this stage of application. As for qualifications obtained from institutions outside Hong Kong, copies of the relevant transcripts/diplomas/certificates or other qualification documents should be submitted together with the completed application forms. For applicants who apply online, they should submit copies of the required supporting documents to this Department in person or by post to the contact address stated in this advertisement or by email (email@example.com) on or before 5 July 2019. The online application number should be quoted on the envelope and every page of the supporting documents.
Applicants are encouraged to provide their email addresses on the application forms. Applications which are incomplete, without the required supporting documents, late or submitted by fax/email will not be considered [The aforesaid email account (firstname.lastname@example.org) is only for acceptance of supporting documents and not for application]. Candidates who are selected for further consideration will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited to trade test/written test/selection interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Recruitment Section, Radio Television Hong Kong, 5/F, One Mongkok Road Commercial Centre, 1 Mong Kok Road, Mong Kok, Kowloon
Newspaper(s) Advertised and Date(s):
Web Site of Department:
Application via Internet: