Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Home Affairs Department
North District Office
Executive Assistant(North District)
$21,930 per month
(1)A bachelor degree from a Hong Kong university, or equivalent;
(2)Met the language proficiency requirement of Level 3 or above in Chinese Language and English Language in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) or the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE), or equivalent [see Note];
(3)Good command of written and spoken Chinese and English;
(4)Good computer knowledge including MS Excel, PowerPoint and Chinese Word Processing; and
(5)Preference may be given to candidates who have relevant working experiences.
'Grade C' in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 is accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
(1) To assist in processing applications from local organizations in organizing community activities in accordance with relevant funding manuals and guidelines;
(2) To assist in the organization, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of community involvement campaigns and projects;
(3) To provide administrative support for the Committees/Working Groups under District Council;
(4) To provide support in the District Minor Works projects implemented by the District Council;
(5) To provide administrative support for the daily operation of District Council; and
(6) To perform any other duties as and when required.
Terms of Appointment:
(1) Successful candidate will be appointed on Non-civil service contract terms till 31 March 2020. Contract renewal will be subject to the satisfactory performance, operational needs and availability of resources.
(2) May need to work on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays or at non-office hours upon requests.
(3) May be required to work outdoor.
(1) Benefits such as rest days, statutory holidays (or substituted holidays), annual leave, maternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, will be granted in line with the provisions of the Employment Ordinance; and
(2) A gratuity may normally be granted upon satisfactory completion of a contract with consistently high standard of performance and conduct (applicable where the contractual conditions are met). Such gratuity, if granted, plus any contribution made by the Government to a Mandatory Provident Fund (MPF) scheme in respect of the appointee as required by the MPF Schemes Ordinance, will be equal to 15% of the total basic salary drawn during the contract period.
(1) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(2) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(3) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(4) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(5) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(6) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to any further shortlisting criteria.
(7) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the below enquiry address.
How to apply:
(1) Application must be made on the form G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013), copies of which are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centre of Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau's website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
(2) The completed application form, together with a detailed resume and copies of academic qualifications should reach the address below by post or in person on or before the closing date. For submission by post, the deadline is based on the stamp chop date. For submission in person, the application should reach the address below by 5:00 p.m. of the closing date. Please specify on the envelope “Application for the post of Executive Assistant”.
(3) Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered.
(4) Applicants are required to provide their email addresses on the application forms. Candidates who are selected for interview will normally receive an invitation by email in about 6 to 8 weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
(5) Applicants are requested to bring with the following documents for interview: (i) School Certificates (original copy); (ii) Record of service from previous employers (if any)(original copy); and (iii) One recent photo.
North District Office, 3rd floor, North District Government Offices, 3 Pik Fung Road, Fanling, New Territories
Application via Internet: