Government Vacancies Enquiry System
Torture Claims Appeal Board / Non-refoulement Claims Petition Office
$12,055 per month
Candidates should have -
(a) (i) Level 2 or equivalent [Note (1)] or above in five subjects including Mathematics in the Hong Kong Diploma of Secondary Education Examination (HKDSEE) [Note (2)], or equivalent; or (ii) Level 2 [Note (3)] / Grade E or above in five subjects including Mathematics in the Hong Kong Certificate of Education Examination (HKCEE) [Note (2)], or equivalent;
(b) Met the language proficiency requirements of Level 2 [Note (3)] or above in Chinese Language and English Language in HKDSEE or HKCEE, or equivalent;
(c) Chinese word processing speed of 20 words per minute and English word processing speed of 30 words per minute, and proficiency in the computer applications including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel;
(d) Good command of English and Chinese; and
(e) Relevant working experience is preferable.
Note: Suitable candidates may be required to attend a typing speed test.
(1) “Attained with Distinction” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade C in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 3 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE. “Attained” in Applied Learning subjects (subject to a maximum of two Applied Learning subjects), and Grade E in Other Language subjects in the HKDSEE are accepted as equivalent to Level 2 in the New Senior Secondary subjects in the HKDSEE.
(2) The subjects may include Chinese Language and English Language.
(3) ‘Grade C’ and ‘Grade E’ in Chinese Language and English Language (Syllabus B) in the HKCEE before 2007 are accepted administratively as comparable to ‘Level 3’ and ‘Level 2’ respectively in Chinese Language and English Language in the 2007 HKCEE and henceforth.
1. To perform general clerical duties, including photocopying, filing, typing, arranging postal and dispatch/courier services;
2. To assist in handling general enquiries, data input, compiling statistics, and updating reference materials;
3. To assist in receiving visitors and manning the reception counter/library for country of origin information;
4. To provide clerical support in handling non-refoulement claims, including logistics arrangement and support for meetings, hearings, and researches;
5. To assist in preparing general correspondence and arrange for interpretation and translation services; and
6. To perform any other duties as assigned by seniors such as delivery of documents and other general administrative work.
Terms of Appointment:
Successful candidate(s) will be appointed on non-civil service contract terms for six months to one year, subject to the operational needs in the office when offering the appointment. Renewal of contract is subject to satisfactory performance and manpower requirement in the office.
A gratuity plus the Government’s MPF contributions equivalent to 10% of the total basic salary drawn may be granted if the contract is satisfactorily completed with consistently high standard of performance and conduct. The employee is entitled to 12 days paid vacation leave per annum. The eligibility of the employee for rest days, statutory holidays, maternity/paternity leave, sickness allowance, where appropriate, would be in line with the provisions in the Employment Ordinance.
(a) Candidates must be permanent residents of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region at the time of appointment unless specified otherwise.
(b) As an Equal Opportunities Employer, the Government is committed to eliminating discrimination in employment. The vacancy advertised is open to all applicants meeting the basic entry requirement irrespective of their disability, sex, marital status, pregnancy, age, family status, sexual orientation and race.
(c) Non-civil service vacancies are not posts on the civil service establishment. Candidates appointed are not on civil service terms of appointment and conditions of service. Candidates appointed are not civil servants and will not be eligible for posting, promotion or transfer to any posts in the Civil Service.
(d) The entry pay, terms of appointment and conditions of service to be offered are subject to the provisions prevailing at the time the offer of appointment is made.
(e) Where a large number of candidates meet the specified entry requirements, the recruiting department may devise shortlisting criteria to select the better qualified candidates for further processing. In these circumstances, only shortlisted candidates will be invited to attend recruitment examination and/or interview.
(f) It is Government policy to place people with a disability in appropriate jobs wherever possible. If a disabled candidate meets the entry requirements, he/she will be invited to attend the selection interview/written examination without being subject to further shortlisting. Applicants who have declared disabilities found suitable for appointment may be given an appropriate degree of preference over other applicants whose suitability for appointment is considered comparable to that of the former. The Government policy and other related measures on employment of persons with disabilities are set out in the booklet “Employ People Based on Their Abilities – Application for Government Jobs by Persons with Disabilities” which is available for reference on the Civil Service Bureau's website at http://www.csb.gov.hk under “Administration of the Civil Service – Appointments”.
(g) Holders of academic qualifications other than those obtained from Hong Kong institutions/Hong Kong Examinations and Assessment Authority may also apply but their qualifications will be subject to assessments on equivalence with the required entry qualifications. They should submit copies of their official transcripts and certificates by mail to the enquiry address specified below.
How to apply:
Application Forms [G.F. 340 (Rev. 3/2013)] are obtainable from any Home Affairs Enquiry Centres of District Offices, Home Affairs Department or any Job Centres of the Employment Services Division, Labour Department. The said form can also be downloaded from the Civil Service Bureau’s website (http://www.csb.gov.hk).
Completed forms, with copies of academic certificates/results and employment proofs, should reach the enquiry address specified below on or before the closing date for application. For submission by post, the postmark date on the envelope will be regarded as the date of application. Applicants should ensure that the correct address is clearly printed or written on the envelope and sufficient postage is affixed before posting so as to avoid unsuccessful delivery of application. Any underpaid/unpaid mail items will be returned or disposed of by the Hong Kong Post. For submission in person, the application should reach the enquiry address specified below before 6 p.m. of the closing date. Please quote the post title on the envelope. Late applications or applications which are incomplete or without the relevant supporting documents will not be considered. Applications by fax or email will not be considered. Candidates who are selected for typing speed test/interview will normally receive an invitation in about six to eight weeks from the closing date for application. Those who are not invited for typing speed test or interview may assume that their applications are unsuccessful.
Torture Claims Appeal Board / Non-refoulement Claims Petition Office , Security Bureau, Rooms 3007-10, 30/F, Immigration Tower, 7 Gloucester Road, Wanchai, Hong Kong
Web Site of Department:
Application via Internet: